Does Betty Bubbles have insurance?
Betty Bubbles has a current Working With Children Check, Federal Police Clearance and Public Liability Insurance with Duck For Cover.
When should I book?
Due to high demand, we recommend that you submit your booking request at least 2-4 weeks prior to your event and 8 weeks prior if your booking is during festive seasons or holidays.
Do bookings require a deposit?
A minimum 50% deposit of the total fee is required to hold the date for you. If the deposit isn’t paid within 48 hours of booking, the booking request may be cancelled, unless other arrangements are made.
What are the payment terms and conditions?
- When a tentative booking is made, Betty Bubbles will invoice the Client for the price of the package. This invoice will clearly outline the booking fee to be paid, the total cost of the package, and the dates that each payment is due.
- The booking fee/deposit (calculated at 50% of the total price) is payable within 48 hours of a tentative booking being made.
- A booking is considered tentative until the booking fee is paid. Betty Bubbles may release the time slot to another client until such time as the booking is confirmed. Betty Bubbles will always try to communicate with the Client if this situation is likely to occur.
- A booking is considered confirmed once the booking fee/deposit is paid by the Client to Betty Bubbles.
- Booking fees are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation on the Client’s behalf, as this covers administrative costs related to the booking and loss of income from reserving the time slot for the Client.
- The balance of payment is due 7 business days prior to the event date unless otherwise specified. Failure to pay the balance of the invoice on time may cancel your reservation.
- The Client also has the option of paying in full upon booking (booking fee plus balance).
- If the Client changes the location of a booking at any time, additional travel charges may apply and Betty Bubbles will invoice the client for these charges.
- If for any reason, a Client’s booking is running late, Betty Bubbles cannot offset the timing of the services provided, nor offer refunds for time lost as a result of lateness on the Client’s behalf.
- If full payment has not been made within 14 days after service provision, the Client is liable to pay a late payment fee, calculated at 10% of the outstanding amount. This fee will compound monthly, adding 10% per month until the outstanding amount (plus accumulated late payment fees) is paid in full. This is to cover extra administration and lost interest arising from delayed payment.
What if I have to cancel my booking?
Of course, we hope this doesn’t happen! The best thing to do is contact Betty Bubbles in writing straight away on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your concern. Please see more info below.
- Booking fees/deposit (calculated at 50% of the total price) are non-refundable in the event of a cancellation on the Client’s behalf, as this partially covers costs related to the booking.
- The balance (total price minus booking fee/deposit) may be refunded or credited at the discretion of Betty Bubbles if a cancellation is made in writing between 30 – 14 days prior to the event date.
- For cancellations made between 14 – 0 days prior to the event date, or where another booking cannot be made to take its place, no refunds or credits will be made, unless at the discretion of Betty Bubbles.
- Betty Bubbles will offer a replacement entertainer or refund the entire package price in the rare event that a cancellation is made on Betty Bubble’s behalf.
Do you have a minimum booking time and how many faces can you book in one hour?
Betty Bubbles does require a minimum booking of 1 hour. Betty Bubbles usually paints 10-12 faces per hour.
Is the face paint/body paint safe for children?
Betty Bubbles only uses the best quality cosmetic products, applied in a safe and hygienic manner. Face painting/body painting is suitable for most children over the age of 2 years. However, due to health, safety and the concern for her client’s guests and wellbeing, Betty Bubbles will not paint any children/adults that show signs of:
- Contagious/infectious conditions or runny nose.
- Irritated, allergic, or broken skin.
- Dirt or food on the area to be painted.
- Distress, asleep, uncooperative, or unwilling to be painted.
- Face painting is recommended for guests over the age of 3 years old. For guests under 3 years of age, a small design on the arm or hand may be suggested.
- If the child is amenable, Betty Bubbles may be able to paint a quick small design on the child’s cheek, away from the eyes.
- Betty Bubbles does not recommend face painting for infants under 2 years of age.
What if my child reacts to the paint?
Betty Bubbles only uses cosmetic grade, FDA and EU approved non-toxic and hypoallergenic body paint products, applied in a safe and hygienic manner. Despite this, allergic reactions may occur in a small percentage of people. Clients and parents of children to be painted must notify Betty Bubbles prior to face/body painting taking place if they or their child is prone to allergic reactions or skin sensitivity.
A patch test can be conducted on the day by Betty Bubbles. Betty Bubbles takes no responsibility for individual reactions to cosmetics or potential environmental allergens.
How do I remove the paint after the event?
Warm soapy water usually does the trick! Wet wipes are great as well.
Hopefully, we have managed to answer all your questions! If not, please get in touch with Betty Bubbles directly right here!